Sooo, well I had planned to head to Amicalola State Park tomorrow to begin the ascent to Springer Mountain, but I guess that isn’t happening yet.. I called them and I was informed by the state park not to start until next week at the earliest. My intended date looks like it’s going to be some time next week. If the roads manage to clear up enough to get there Sunday, I may just hang out at ASP for a few days until the trail conditions clear enough to start. I can always resupply at Walasi Yi or one of the other hostels or grab a ride into Suches. I’ve got a 8-9 day food payload to eat anyway, so I’m not too worried about starving yet.

Screenshot 2015-02-19 16.12.36

Nature has a funny way of messing with you. While I am thankful that I didn’t decide to start sooner and get stuck up there in this winterpocalypse, I am still mad that I can’t start yet. I guess this is just a way of testing my patience to see how well I can tolerate mother nature’s boding and chinter’s will. And she is pushing it pretty hard. But I at least tend to go to Auburn tonight to hang out with my sisters and mom, and will just have to wait patiently in Georgia if necessary. Will be keeping an eye on the weather to see what happens over the next few days.

Happy Trails,

Doug

Advertisements